Lister is a PHP script that allows file uploads and downloads in a directory. Uploaded files are shown in a table.
- File upload, download an deletion
- Uploads and downloads can be secured with a password (optional)
- By default all file names are URL encoded on upload, preventing problems with special characters.
- Secured with Apache directives in a .htaccess file
- Interface in German and English, depending on browser settings.
- valid XHTML 1.0
- Make a directory on your web server and set the permissions to 757 (chmod 757 directory)
- Copy lister.php and .htaccess into the directory.
- If you want to set a password for upload and deletion, write it into a file named password.txt and also copy it into the directory.
- Security check: Open Lister and upload a file. Try to access it directly via URL on the server (e.g. http://www.myserver.com/lister/uploaded-file.txt). If an error message appears ("Access Denied"), your installation should be secure.
Setting Options: If needed, various options can be set in the setup area at the beginning of lister.php.
Lister is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Germany License.
The software is made available free of charge; thus, no express or implied warranties are made.